People who have been in the business world for so long should know “what’s what” when it comes to the components that can help in establishing a better business. Yes, most of them know that a website is the crucial part that every business owner should consider making one for their business, because a website can offer you so many opportunities and potentials in promoting and increasing your brand awareness.
Speaking of website, of course, we could never separate a business from SEO. Search Engine Optimisation, known as SEO, is the strategy used for increasing the visibility of a website. Many business owners use SEO services for their company in order to increase their website’s visibility. Let us put it this way; you have a business and you have a website, and then there are people looking for products that you offer, but they don’t know that your company sells the products they are after, so they search on Google. Of course, depending on what they search, there may be millions of search results showing up on Google, but they are only inclined to be satisfied with the first page of the search results. For that reason, this is where SEO takes place. You are competing against many businesses in the same industry to be visible on the first page of the search results, so that people who are looking for your products can find you.
That being said, there are still offers like this that doesn’t sound right:
“With our SEO services, we can guarantee you that your website can rank 1st on Google search results.”
Also, the endlessly “prevailing” request like this coming from business owners who hire an SEO company doesn’t seem right too:
“I expect some good results by the end of the month.”
Well, just a little heads up; too much expectation can burn. SEO may be the crucial part of a business’ strategy, but you shouldn’t just flat out expect things to be done fast. If you are a business owner or a marketing manager, or someone who is working in the business field considering SEO services for your company, then this article will outline the benefits of SEO for your business and what you should expect from it…and what you shouldn’t.
What your company can gain from using SEO
SEO plays an important role for your business, even though you might think that your company is already established – we still need SEO, even big companies also use SEO. In this year, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020. Why would they do that? The answer is simple, about 93% of all traffic comes from search engines. With that stat in mind, you can be sure that SEO can give you benefits, such as:
- SEO can help people find your website. If you provide high quality and relevant content, search engines can easily process your page, and you can boost your visibility on search engines. Therefore, people can easily find you.
- SEO can help you build your brand’s credibility. If search engines trust your content, why shouldn’t your potential customers?
- SEO offers cost-effective marketing. There is nothing free in this world. Everything comes with a price, of course. However, SEO is more effective when it comes to pricing, more than any marketing strategy could be. Aside from being cost-effective, it can also offer you a long term result, so it’s worth the money you will be spending.
- You can reach to a wider audience. When you get to the top results, you will get a chance of getting more new potential customers turned into real paying customers, and it can be possible that they come from your competitors’ market. Why? Well, people tend to look for new best things, right?
- SEO can increase your brand awareness. With your website getting to the top of search results, people will know about your brand’s existence and the quality that your brand offers. Why? That’s because about 91% of people find products and services through search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. If you are trusted, there’s a chance that you will be more visible on search engines, along with good reputation that comes with it. Remember, 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
- The result from doing SEO is long lasting. If you get things done right, then good results will come in the future, and even better, it is going to be long lasting! It may take time, but once you achieve it, you will see long term results.
Now, before you start screaming: “Where have I been this whole time without knowing SEO?! Okay, let’s do it now,” don’t have too much expectation yet. There are things about SEO that you should be aware of. First, it may take time to see the results. Second, you should be consistent and always give the best content you can offer. Third, just like most of the things in the world, SEO also needs maintenance. With that being said, these are what you can’t expect from SEO:
- Getting the 1st rank for all the keywords. Oh, expectation can burn. There should be no SEO company in the world offering you uncertain promises like getting the 1st rank for all the keywords. If there were any, chances are, they were lying to you. While it might be true that you should achieve the 1st rank, you should do it with process that may take time, especially if your company is just starting out fresh and new.
- Being ranked at the top forever. If you managed to be ranked 1st after so long, congratulations, your new journey has just begun. Why? As mentioned previously, just like any stuff in the world, SEO also needs maintenance. You can’t expect your website to be visible at the top search results forever. You need to maintain the position by providing high quality content and marketing strategies to help in boosting your SEO process. Of course, you need to work really hard for that.
- SEO done fast and quickly increase your sales. This is what most people think; “SEO can be done overnight.” Well, keep thinking like that, but a little heads up to you; SEO doesn’t work like that. Investing your money on SEO means investing your time as well. If you are willing to invest your time and creative ideas into this, we believe you will get the result you want at the right time. Rest assured, the result will worth the wait…and the money.
Now that you know what to expect and what not to expect from SEO, are you willing to invest your money and time? Well, as explained in the previous paragraphs, you can gain so many benefits from SEO. However, don’t expect for miracles. Everything comes through hard work and patience. SEO is always believed to be magical. One day you are writing high quality content, then after certain periods of time, you get your website ranked high. Yes, it may be magic, but we would prefer to call it “a magic timely done.” You invest money and time on SEO, and you provide high quality and relevant content, then the magic will come at the right time for a long term result. If you are still in doubts, you can contact us for more information regarding SEO. Our team is always ready to assist you any time.